Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Schedule refresh of a dataflow from a datalake failed (Credential is not stored)

Hi,

I try to schedule an automatic refresh of my dataflow which is conected to a datalake Storage Gen 2. When I refresh it "on demand", it works properly but the automatic refresh fail with the following error:

"Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the credentials for AzureDataLakeStorage in dataflows settings page and try again"

Each time I'm going to the parameters of the dataflow, I got this message in identification information for the datasource:

frenchphil_0-1642168472318.png

I update identification information by conecting my account but it's like if my account's parameters were not stored ... 

When I put my credential, I got this (it seems to be registered): 

frenchphil_1-1642168592486.png

And about one hour after, I got: 

frenchphil_0-1642168472318.png

Can you help please ?

Hi @frenchphil 

It may because the lifetime of Azure AD passthrough token is one hour. May I know whether you have used gateway for this data source? If you configure gateway for it, will you get same issue?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @frenchphil 

It may because the lifetime of Azure AD passthrough token is one hour. May I know whether you have used gateway for this data source? If you configure gateway for it, will you get same issue?

Best Regards,

frenchphil
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

I don't use any gateway to access this data source. The Datalake I access to is not mine (it's administrated by a third company on Azure and they give me rights to access it) and I can't install a gateway on their architecture ...

Best regards

frenchphil
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

Have you got more information about this issue ? Is it mandatory to configure a gateway to refresh a dataflow from a datalake?

I am blocked in my deployment at this point ....

Thanks for your help ... 

Best regards

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @frenchphil 

Thanks for your reply! I understand. If it is urgent for you, please consider creating a support ticket in Power BI support if you are a Pro user. Then, there will be a support engineer help you on this issue. For how to create a support ticket, please refer to this blog.

Best Regards,

frenchphil
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @v-cazheng-msft 

I am novice in the community and I thought this part of the site was already linked with Microsoft support ...

I have a Pro Licence but it doesn't let me create a new support issue. I don't know if I have to suscribe a special "Support plan" or if I have to activate something somewhere ...

"Votre compte ne dispose pas des autorisations nécessaires pour créer des demandes de prise en charge pour ce service. Essayez de sélectionner un autre plan de support."

Any idea ?