Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Row level security being on breaks calculate measure

We have an issue that our PBI file works fine but when row level security is turned on we get error messages. 

We have tracked it down to a caculate measure. When row level security is off this measure works fine  - 

CALCULATE (sum(UnitSalesValues[Sale Values]), 'UnitSalesValues'[Attribute]= "Sold prior to qtr" )

When row level security is turned on this measure creates the following error is the visual. If the bolded part is taken out the measure works fine. 

Colukn't load the data for the visal

An unexpected exception occured. 

This same file was working with last months version of PBI. The data in UnitSalesValues is visable with the row level security turned on and has values for "sold prior to qtr". 

However, even if we use last months pbix file it does not work in the PBI Embeded enviroment. 

This certainly seems to be an error in PBI. Further when the row level security is first turned on a black screen apears and the following program is run. 

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\SQLDUMPER.EXE

Comments
mhug
Regular Visitor

I'm having similar issues but I have only just implemented row level security yesterday so couldn't say if it was working before.

When 'Viewing as' an individual I have visualizations that work in PBI dektop but not when embedded on an HTML page and others that don't work in PBI dektop but do work when embedded on an HTML page.

The PBI Desktop issue seems related to applying a filter of any kind on a lowest level table in the model. Without the filter the visulisation works fine.

I'm using PBI Embed (HTML) v1.

As per the above comments this is critical for our client would appreciate updates as to when we can expect a fix.

SunilPatil
Regular Visitor

Hi Team,,

Could you please refer  any book to be expert in Power BI. Thanks.

Regards,

Sunil Patil

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

This issue should can be fixed in Aug 2017 version of Power BI Desktop. Please check it later.

Best Regards,
Herbert

dcresp
Advocate IV

Thank you for the update. We have seen that it is already fixed in Power BI Embeded and I assume the service. Great to see. We look forward to the August Desktop version.