Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Reports have not been automatically refreshing since updating Power BI with the March release.

For my Power BI report, I set an automatic schedueled refresh which has been working the past few months with no issue. Ever since I updated my Power BI with the March release, it completely stopped refreshing my reports. I haven't changed anything besides updating it to the latest version. I saw a Microsoft blog post about the newest release of the on-premises data gateway, do I have to install one to get my report to work as it did before? 

Bottom line: How do I get my report that refreshed automatically (until the new update) to automatically refresh again? Do I have to install an on-premise gateway for it to continue working as it did before?

Hi @carlacervonif ,

Have you tried updating your credentials and then retrying to see if the problem still exists?
Is the refresh failure happening in both Power BI Desktop and Service?
If there is an error message during this process, please provide details so we can better help you.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @carlacervonif ,

I'm confused by your description, did you previously configure the scheduled refresh without a gateway installed?
Are you using a local data source? If it is a local data source then you need to install the gateway and it is asking to update to the latest version. Outdated gateway versions can also cause the refresh to not work properly.

Best regards.

carlacervonif
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft

The data source is Sharepoint, I didn't need a gateway before for it to automatically refresh. Since the March update, it hasn't automatically updated by itself and I have to manually refresh it every morning. Will I have to install the gateway for it to automatically refresh as it did before?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @carlacervonif ,

Have you tried updating your credentials and then retrying to see if the problem still exists?
Is the refresh failure happening in both Power BI Desktop and Service?
If there is an error message during this process, please provide details so we can better help you.

Best regards.

carlacervonif
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

I have signed out and signed back into my credentials and changed data sources but nothing worked. It's not refreshing on Power BI Desktop or Service. I'm not even getting an error message, it says the refresh was completed but nothing actuallly refreshed. Let me know what I can do!