Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Report refreshes without error data disappears

I'm having an issue with a few reports lately.  The reports refresh with no error on a schedule, but after the refresh the data completely disappears from any of my visuals.  This does not happen everytime, but enough to where it has become an annoyance.  I cannot figure out why this is occurring and have tested everything possible that I am aware of.   If I download the report to desktop it refreshes fine and returns all data.  If I manually run the refresh in service it again seems to refresh fine.  

These reports do not need a gateway because all of the data sources are in Azure.  I'm also not using any boolean logic in any of the DAX formulas and I am using a dimensional date table that has been marked as the date table.  Dates are all correctly formatted.  

Thanks,

Pete 

It may be that the date filter you mentioned filters out the data, resulting in no data display after refreshing. After removing the filter condition, check whether the data after scheduled refresh can be displayed normally.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: New

How did you connect to the data source ? Can you describe it in detail ? Can you provide the screenshots of the configuration scheduled refresh and the configuration of the data source (remove sensitive information) ?

Best Regards

PeteDTG
Frequent Visitor

Hello and thank you.  I am connecting to an Azure SQL DB view.   I simply connect to the sql server database using the server and database name.  I publish the report and set up the scheduled refresh.  I do not need a gateway, as everything is in the cloud. 

There appears to be nothing wrong with the view and the dates look correct.  Again no boolean logic is used in the report. 

I have many many reports that connect to the same Azure DB with no issues when scheduling a refresh.  If I manually refresh the data in service the report generates fine.  After a scheduled refresh the data disappears that is utilized in the visuals. 

I've noticed when I delete the date filter in service when editing the report some data does appear.  

Any idea? Thanks!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

It may be that the date filter you mentioned filters out the data, resulting in no data display after refreshing. After removing the filter condition, check whether the data after scheduled refresh can be displayed normally.

Best Regards

PeteDTG
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the comment. Why would the date filter behave like that? Any ideas? 

Trayburn

I have the same issue with data refresh connecting and finishes with no errors, however, all data disappears with only column headers visible. Did this issue ever get resolved? I've tried all the suggestions I've found and none work.

Thanks,

Traci