Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Report level filter (advanced filtering on a date) is working in PBI desktop but not in Service

In PBI desktop, I set up Report Level filters, using advancing filtering to pick a date on or after a specific date.

chross_1-1651608112081.png

It was working perfectly in desktop, filtering only what I wanted to show.  When I published the report to the service, the filter is empty and the report is showing all content.

chross_0-1651608035855.png

I noticed this was an issue reported some time ago in 2020 and 2021.  Can we please get this fixed!!!

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi , @chross 

I tested the issue you submitted , report filter worked well in Service . My Desktop version is  2.104.941.0 64-bit (April 2022) , Service version is 13.0.18173.56 . You can update your Desktop to the latest version and try again .

Ailsamsft_0-1651629625482.png

Ailsamsft_1-1651629716471.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

chross
Advocate III

The work around solution I found yesterday is that once it's published, I can click on "Reset to default"and the date filtering kicks in.  Today, I did install the latest desktop version, republished my report and the date filters are still empty.  Once again I have to click on "Reset to default" and only then the date filters kicks in.

chross_0-1651675336227.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi, @chross 

I am so glad to hear that you have found the workaround , I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

chross
Advocate III

@v-yetao1-msft You didn't deliver anthing, so why are you marking this delivered??  I found my own workaround, but still have to explain to the users what to do.  This should work without the users having to take an extra step.

You need to talk to the product team and tell them other users (do your research) have had this same issue in the past.  Clearly with one of the recent updates to the service is causing this bug!!!!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

chross
Advocate III

Any update?  This filtering issue is now impacting many of our reportst that have advanced filtering in regards to dates in the right filter pane?