Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report crashes when deleting all tabs

I ran into an interesting bug just recently. 

I had just imported all the data to my report. I had one excess tab, which i decided to remove. It was the only tab on the report at the moment, but i figured it would just delete it and create a new empty one.

After a while of processing and nothing had happened, i decided to save my progress and open the report again.

"Unexpected Error. Failed to load the report" text greeted me when i opened the file again.

"An error occured while rendering the report" message popped up when i tried to insert any graphs on the report, it also reappears instantly when i press cancel.

New page button on the bottom left corner doesn't respond.

All data and tables are there untouched, i just can't make any graphs with them.

Version i'm using: 2.63.3272.40461 64-bit (October 2018)

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@SaQWill,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 90007769. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@SaQWill,

I got PG's response:

"The fix has been checked in, and will be out in about four weeks.  "

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@SaQWill,

The fix for the issue will be included in Feburary 2019 release of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@SaQWill,

Please download latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.66.5376.1681), it is not possible to delete the final report page using keyboard.

Regards,
Lydia