Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Relationship Lines Missing in Model Viewer in Version 2.119.701.0

All the relationship lines are missing from the model view.  All graphical manipulation of the model fails.  Adding new tables/datasources fail.  A new version needs to be released immediately.  It appears that version 2.119.666.0 doesn't have that problem.  These versions are so new that they're not even documented on the Microsoft site.  😞

Hi @cperuski 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Tess
Regular Visitor

But my model has 42 tables @Anonymous 

AMZBrando
Employee

@v-yetao1-msft @Pat_msft 

Downloaded: Version: 2.120.288.0 64-bit (August 2023) This is still an issue as I added a new table and it stuck in the left corner. Also, lines disappear after adding the new table and the only way to assign roles is through the "manage relationships"tab at the top. Still broken and unusable.

DDDDD
Frequent Visitor

My problems started on 53rd table, few weeks ago after I got the early July '666' version - new table stuck top left and lines vanished.

I've now got version Version: 2.119.986.0 64-bit (July 2023) and seems better, initially the problems stopped but I just tested adding another table and it's again stuck top left. Though lines remain.

Come on MS fix this asap!

Also whilst you fix Model View, add some useful quick win features like this 😉 "Highlight tables in groups

flacroix30390
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Just in case, had this issue and found a temporary solution :

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Unable-to-move-NEW-tables-in-model-view/idc-p/33699...

Best regards,

Fred.

Spark

What's the ETA on a fix for this? It's a major issue which is fundamental to managing the data model in the easiest way possible.

- Relationships not visible between tables

- Lines underlap tables 

- Immovable tables

alchen00
Helper I

What worked for me is to add a few key tables in a new tab in the model view, and the the lines reappeared in the All tables tab after adding the new tab and tables.  I am on Version: 2.119.986.0 64-bit (July 2023).  

alchen00_0-1692084398970.png

1) Drag a table to the new tab
2) Click on add related tables to add other connected tables

alchen00_1-1692084483536.png

zahlenschubser
Helper III

@alchen00That temporarily did fix it for me, but as soon as I zoom in for example, or do anything else to the structure, it's back to no lines at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like this issue is fixed now with version 2.120.731.0 !

zahlenschubser
Helper III

I do see the lines again, but they still overlap all over the place, and go behind the tables.

cperuski
Advocate II

I confirmed with my business users that version 2.120.731.0 seems to have fixed the problem.