Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relationship Lines Missing in Model Viewer in Version 2.119.701.0

All the relationship lines are missing from the model view.  All graphical manipulation of the model fails.  Adding new tables/datasources fail.  A new version needs to be released immediately.  It appears that version 2.119.666.0 doesn't have that problem.  These versions are so new that they're not even documented on the Microsoft site.  😞

Hi @cperuski 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Pat_msft
Employee

To anyone experiencing this issue: how many tables are in your data model? Also, does this only happen on the "All tables" layout, or on other layouts as well?

Suraphan_TH
Regular Visitor

Hello!

My desktop version is now 2.119.870.0 (64-bit) but the problem still there.

- One table stuck at the upper left corner and cannot be moved.

- Relationship lines still missing but once I move each table the lines came back but disorderly and I have to touch every table to get the lines appeared. All gone when reopen the file.

Hope to see this problem fix asap!

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pat_msft I did some deeper investigation today. This issue seems to happen if you have a minimum of 51 tables in your data model.

Adding the 51th table, this table will show up in the left upper corner of the model view and you are not able to move the table and all the rest of the issues. Adding more tables will be stacked in the left upper corner etc.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @cperuski 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

TheoHeselmans
Regular Visitor

version 2.119.870.0 64-bit (juli 2023)

I have 2 data model tabs:

- All Tables: many tables (>50), many relationships: no lines shown

- Limited: few tables: lines are showing, and everything seems to work

When switching to the Limited tab, I can no longer go to the All Tables tab!

Very frustrating. Please Microsoft & @Pat_msft : fix this asap.

aa671x

I'm also experiencing this issue. Functionality in PBI Desktop is severely hindered by this.

JamesYoungTri
Regular Visitor

Having same issue as other posters.  Model viewer adds tables to top left, tables cannot be moved once created, relationship lines no longer react to table moves.  Any ETA on a fix?

Edit: Not sure if it is related, but I am unable to create additional tabs in my model view.  In fact, once I create a new tab I am no longer able to revert to the "All Tables" view.  The tab is there, but interacting with it does nothing...even after deleting the newly created tabs.

Pat_msft
Employee

A fix for this issue is in the pipeline for release. We don't have an ETA to share yet, but it's on the way.

TheoHeselmans
Regular Visitor

Today, a new version was automatically installed.

I now have Version: 2.119.986.0 64-bit (juli 2023).

and it all seems to work again.

Thanks for the quick solution!

TheoHeselmans
Regular Visitor

Correction: 

The relationship lines are back, but some line are not drawn correctlyand overlap.

But at least we have this.