Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Refreshing a dataset in Power Bi fails until another user makes themselves owner of it

Hi,

As the title suggests, I consistently run into the same error when trying to refresh my datasets in the Power Bi service.

I consistently create my datasets the same way, by creating them in Power Bi desktop and publishing them to the PBI service. What's more, the only queries that make up my datasets are queries to dataflows in my other workspaces in PBI. 

In the case of this particular dataset that failed when I tried to refresh it, I reference four tables exposed by one Power Bi dataflow in a different workspace (please note I have purposefully kept some information out of this error message) :

 

 

 

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The key didn't match any rows in the table."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[entity = \"Folios\", version = \"\"]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Table","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"entity\", \"dataCategory\", \"Data\", \"Tags\", \"ItemKind\", \"ItemName\", \"IsLeaf\"}, {})"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: [tablename].
Cluster URI: 
Activity ID: 
Request ID: 
Time: 2023-01-13 11:29:30Z

 

 

 

The way I have managed to prevent this issue from coming up for any given dataset is by having a coworker of mine take over the dataset as owner (which you can do in its settings), and then handing control back to me. For some reason, this makes refreshing work. This is a trivial error that takes very little effort to resolve, essentially "It worked on my machine !".

However, it shows up very consistently in Power Bi, and because it takes more than one person to resolve, it's a complete and useless strain on our operations.

 

Am I missing something ? There's nothing wrong with my dataset, otherwise such a menial change as that of its owner shouldn't have an impact on whether it can refresh, right ?

 

Please let me know if any of you have ran into this error, and if there is a more convenient way to fix it.

Status: Investigating

Hi @Dracose ,

 

This seems to be a very strange error, I tried to configure the refresh but it didn't reproduce your problem.

 

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

 

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Dracose ,

 

This seems to be a very strange error, I tried to configure the refresh but it didn't reproduce your problem.

 

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

 

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Anaswan
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I've stumbled upon a similar error. Don't know if it's relevant, but the table that is failing to refresh is from a Sharepoint file.

In my case, the file is populated with new lines or changes to values on a weekly basis, but the Sheet names stay the same.

 

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<ccon>The key didn't match any rows in the table.</ccon>"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[Name = mock_file, Folder Path = sharepoint_file]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Table","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"Content\", \"Name\", \"Extension\", \"Date accessed\", \"Date modified\", \"Date created\", \"Attributes\", \"Folder Path\"}, {})"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: table_name

 

Tried on multiple devices, VMs, same error. Manual refresh in Desktop version works with no issues. The scheduled refresh fails everytime.

 

I tried clearing credentials, updating the gateway to the latest version, nothing seems to work.