Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Refreshes in Desktop slow to not running

Since yesterday evening, I'm now not able to refresh my data in desktop.  Yesterday during the day it was running fairly slowly then dropped off completely.  Now it's not refreshing at all.  CPU with just desktop running is taking up about 75%.  I've also checked my broadband and that's fine.  I can't apply changes anymore.  The same file in the power bi service roughly 400MB is taking around 5 mins to refresh in premium.  I started refreshing my desktop changes at 6:00 and it's still running 40 minutes later.  It was slow yesterday, but not to this extent.  The datasources I'm updating from are dataflows.  It's impossible to carry out any changes or get the results to update.

Hi @Munroa7 

You can refresh the same report in Service successfully , but in Desktop it failed , right ? Have you made updates to Desktop ?  Is it back to normal now ? When you refresh the report in Desktop , you can through Performance analyzer to monitor report performance in Power BI Desktop .

Monitor report performance in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
s15448300

My data refreshes are no longer working either after letting them run for hours.  What a POS.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Munroa7 

You can refresh the same report in Service successfully , but in Desktop it failed , right ? Have you made updates to Desktop ?  Is it back to normal now ? When you refresh the report in Desktop , you can through Performance analyzer to monitor report performance in Power BI Desktop .

Monitor report performance in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao