Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh status shows in Progress all day

it usually takes 1h:15- 1h:30 max for dataset to refeesh. I had to cancel morning refreshes. 
and tried to kick in the refresh manually then took longer and cancelled it. now the scheduled refresh is still running for over 4 hours.

AbcFitness_0-1678233604945.png

Hi @AbcFitness ,

Do you mean the refresh still run even after you have cancelled it? Seems in many cases the Power BI Service will automatically restart the refresh even after you’ve cancelled it. Please try Cancel Refresh rest api call, but only on "enhanced" refreshes, which are started via rest api while adding one or more parameters as per this doc.

Also, see Cancelling Power BI Dataset Refreshes With The Enhanced Refresh API - Chris WebbThe definitive way to cancel a stuck dataset refresh in Primium workspace was described here:
Cancelling a Power BI Premium Dataset Refresh (elegantbi.com)

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj 

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AbcFitness ,

Do you mean the refresh still run even after you have cancelled it? Seems in many cases the Power BI Service will automatically restart the refresh even after you’ve cancelled it. Please try Cancel Refresh rest api call, but only on "enhanced" refreshes, which are started via rest api while adding one or more parameters as per this doc.

Also, see Cancelling Power BI Dataset Refreshes With The Enhanced Refresh API - Chris WebbThe definitive way to cancel a stuck dataset refresh in Primium workspace was described here:
Cancelling a Power BI Premium Dataset Refresh (elegantbi.com)

Best regards,

AbcFitness
Frequent Visitor

No actually, I was able to cancel the manual refresh. the scheduled refresh I could not cancel, but it took about 5 hours to finish. something odd was hapening, I did another manual refresh at night yesterday and it took about 1h:15 min again which is the normal time it takes usually.
but the issue is back again today for some reason, the refresh is taking too long again:

AbcFitness_0-1678288170396.png

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @AbcFitness ,

Not sure why you can't cancel the schedule refresh, based on this official document, both schedule and manually refresh can be cancelled. In another document, it said there are two limtations for cancelling refresh: premium capacity and import or composite mode, do your dataset meet the limitations? If you mainly need the manually refresh now, you can temporarily turn off the schedule refresh in dataset settings.

vkalyjmsft_0-1678329454818.png

Best regards,