Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh popup messages (and others) not displaying correctly

In the latest version (Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)), all display boxes in PBI desktop aren't displaying correctly. Is this happening to other users? I can find an area to post to Microsoft. Some examples attached.

Date.pngRefresh.png

Hi all,

The product team have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it.

“We are working on the fix. Meanwhile you can try disabling the Multimonitor DPI by setting
System / Environment variables / User vairables / Add 

PBI_PerMonitorDpiAware = 0

vcaitlynmstf_0-1677635013443.png

And then restart the Power BI Desktop.”

Power BI Desktop February 2023 DPI Scaling Problem - Page 2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
ChiaraB
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Bashie1970,

thanks for you kind help, I tried doing what you said, but for me it still does not work 😞

Chiara

ewshusky
Regular Visitor

I've since gone back to Power BI desktop from the Microsoft store and no longer have any issues across my two setups.  

ewshusky_1-1681394536646.png

DimitriM
Frequent Visitor

@Bashie1970 

Hi Rich,

have you tried setting similar resolutions for both monitors and running Power BI?

I'm using that because of another application, I find it better to work with 2 monitors even though the picture on one of then is not perfect.

ChiaraB
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys, I think I have found the SOLUTION!

Go in System settings and resize TEXT to 100% (it doesn't matter whether you have Custom Scaling in Disply, this is a different matter, it just tested it):

ChiaraB_0-1681457778307.pngChiaraB_1-1681457784130.png

I think this is the solution as two months ago I got this problem, than I temporarly fixed it by installing the previous version (december 2022) as many of you suggested, but yesterday after Windows update I got again the same problem even in the old version.
Furthermore I saw that other people had the same problem in 2020 and in 2021 so it is not a matter of Power BI version, in my opinion.

@Bashie1970 you wrote in comments that you are the only one having this problem in the whole organization.... do try what I'm suggesting!!

Chiara

DimitriM
Frequent Visitor

@ChiaraB 

That's really nice idea, that made all the menu items and controls smaller! Thanks a lot!

Jade_243671
Regular Visitor

@ChiaraB I'm glad setting the text size to 100% works for you but I disagree that it is a solution. Many people in my organisation need to have text size greater than 100% for accessibility reasons. They had their text size greater than 100% before the Feb 2023 upgrade and had no issues in Power BI so I think it is a Power BI version issue. 

Many people have reported this issue since Feb 2023 in many threads such as this one: Pop-Up Windows Zoomed In and Unusable - Microsoft Power BI Community where the text size issue has been discussed. Also in this one: Conditional formatting dialog box not displaying f... - Microsoft Power BI Community where there is a link to this video Power BI Desktop: February 2023 version : Solution to Dialog box display issues (Fixed in March '23)... . In these other threads you can see the comments that the problem has been fixed in the March 2023 upgrade, you can now set your text size greater than 100% and dialogue boxes display correctly in Power BI - so it was a version problem.

If you are able to, upgrade to March 2023 and that should fix the issue.

ChiaraB
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Jade_243671I agree with you that this cannot be a definitive solution, as Power BI developers should work to make boxes scaling good even when users has resized text in settings, but I still don't think it is a version problem as in previous years other users got the same problems in 2020 and 2021 (below just two examples):

ChiaraB_0-1681469362123.png

ChiaraB_1-1681469366989.png

Furthermore, as I said, in February I personally unistalled current version and installed december 2022 and at the beginning it solved the problem, but after windows update the same problem arose also in that version...

Chiara

Bashie1970
Regular Visitor

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Removing the custom font size scaling solved it for me!

Never found that setting before (guess I must have to have it set to a custom font size in the first place though!)

Chiara, you are a star. Give yourself a pat on the back!

Thank you

Rich