Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh popup messages (and others) not displaying correctly

In the latest version (Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)), all display boxes in PBI desktop aren't displaying correctly. Is this happening to other users? I can find an area to post to Microsoft. Some examples attached.

Date.pngRefresh.png

Hi all,

The product team have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it.

“We are working on the fix. Meanwhile you can try disabling the Multimonitor DPI by setting
System / Environment variables / User vairables / Add 

PBI_PerMonitorDpiAware = 0

vcaitlynmstf_0-1677635013443.png

And then restart the Power BI Desktop.”

Power BI Desktop February 2023 DPI Scaling Problem - Page 2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
AntonioPalomas
Advocate III
Rdata
Advocate I

@057Sophie I have this same problem and had to uninstall the current version and reinstall the Dec 2022 patch. It is the only short-term solution that worked for me. If I were you I would open a ticket with your company's IT and show them this post along with all the comments, especially if it is preventing you from doing your work like it was for me. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi all,

Unfortunately I really can't reproduce your issue properly.
Please try changing your download method to Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center  instead of the Microsoft app store.
The product team released the latest fix version on 2/22, please update to see if this issue still exists.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

ChiaraB
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @057Sophie, your solution worked!! 

057Sophie
Helper I

@ChiaraB  a new version with some bugfixes was delivered yesterday, I don't know if this could help with your issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Bashie1970
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. IT lock down our systems so cannot use the exe file. Cannot work with the desktop app as it will not display anything correctly when a popup is used (scale at at least 150%). Have tried reinstalling from company portal (only option for me) and removed all secondary monitors. Still no luck.

ewshusky
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue on every popup box that isn't the FIRST time opening (eg. conditional formatting when I'm editing it multiple times).  Can't even delete tables because the options to confirm deletion are off of the popup.

ewshusky_0-1677176580891.png

AntonioPalomas
Advocate III

I did a new install by downloading Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center, I always download through it, but the problem persists. 

Note: The December 2022 version works without any issues.

Here is the evidence:

AntonioPalomas_0-1677192781348.png

KeithG1229
Frequent Visitor

Yeah this is happening to me too. I installed the most recent updates from the Microsoft Store as of this AM (2/24/2023) but it is still unresolved. 

Insert angry rant here about how I'm fed up and canceling Power BI and never using Microsoft products again because HHMPH!

Kidding I am sure they willl fix it just wanted to get my say in. I feel heard. 

Bashie1970
Regular Visitor

Rollback to Dec 22 fixed it. Had to speak very nicely to my IT division, but they installed it for me and now up and working again. Come on Microsoft sort it out, two days productivity lost.