Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh fails in power bi online but on desktop it works fine

Hello,

When I do the refresh from the desktop it works fine, it doesn't show any errors, but then after publishing and trying to refresh it sends me an error and the most understandable of all what it shows is that the Column was not found in the table, I already did many tests and I can't understand why the error keeps coming out.

Previously, I got that error with another column, which was of type Date/time and at the time I changed the data type to date, but when I got that error, I left the original data type and created a new column from that one, that partially solves it.

Now with the column that currently gives me an error is that this column contains nulls and to allow me to import from the desktop I replaced those nulls, I think that this modification is causing the error but I can't find a way to correct it.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Valeria

Hi @ValPerezRa ,

I see you mention “Now with the column that currently gives me an error is that this column contains nulls”. Can you provide details of the error message?
Also what data source are you using? If it's an on-premise data source, did you configure the gateway before you refreshed?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ValPerezRa ,

I see you mention “Now with the column that currently gives me an error is that this column contains nulls”. Can you provide details of the error message?
Also what data source are you using? If it's an on-premise data source, did you configure the gateway before you refreshed?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn