Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Recurring Renaming Prompt for Calculated Columns: Annoyance in Table View

I receive a renaming request every time a calculated column is edited in the Table view. The message indicated that the name is already in use and another name is required:

jdmontes_0-1708514625946.png

Ignoring the request does not break the reports, but it is just annoying to see it repeatedly.

Hi  @jdmontes 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
USER7140454

Hello, 

Same issue here. 

We are not able to operate since the begininng of the week. 

Each time we select a column in dataset view this pop-up appears. 

The only workaround identified is to use the right-side panel to select a column. 

USER7140454_1-1708520258309.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @jdmontes 

I have not seen any other user feedback on a similar issue, I need more information to confirm the cause of the problem. Are you experiencing this issue after upgrading? Which version of Desktop is this problem occurring in?

Best Regards,

jdmontes
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

The issue seems to be resolved now.

However, I will answer your question below in case someone encounters a similar issue.

The version I am using is 2.126.927.0 64-bit (February 2024). 

The warning appeared after exiting the formula bar of an existing calculated column. The issue seemed to be confined to the table view as I checked the report view and it was working normally.

Regards.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @jdmontes 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . Thanks for your feedback !

Best Regards,

EvyD
Regular Visitor

Hi

I am currently still having this problem. Version: 2.126.927.0 

I have added additional info below. 

Best Regards,

Evy

Page1.PNGPage2.PNG

jdmontes
Regular Visitor

Hi @EvyD,

Thanks for porting this. It is happening to me again. In my case, it seems to happen only when I jump from one calculated column to another.

@v-yetao1-msft can we reopen this issue?

Thanks!

Kasparas
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem after 2024 February update.

audfree

I have also been having this issue where it rewrites a calculated column with the table's formula. There is no way to go back on this so it ruins any previous work you have done after saving, and this happens too frequently for that to be a fix.  

This is a very large bug impacting business!!

timalbers
Advocate V

Same here, starting from yesterday (2024-02-28)
2.126.927.0 64-bit (Februar 2024)

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @jdmontes 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,