Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access

Hi Team,

We are facing the issue with the Powerbi Service from past 2-3 day. we are getting " Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access " through the python scripts.Before that we are using the same through the personal gateway installed. Attaching  the image for you refrence.Please Fix this issue ASAP!!

SathishR_0-1670311850535.png

Thanks and Regards

Sathish

Hi @SathishR 

This issue has been fixed . Please check this issue in your Service .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
GB_wine

Hi, same problem here, with some python scripts :

GB_wine_0-1670595484599.png

ReubenS
Advocate I

Hi , I am having the same issue but to my knowledge I am not using any python scripts unless its a custom visual causing the issue.

pabastian

@v-yetao1-msft We also discovered we have this issue about mid-week last week. We are unable to publish new dashboards for customers and we have confirmed that existing dashboards refresh normally. Hoping MS has a solution very soon.

KostasDiam
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I had the same problem with MariaDB connector, but today it seems that the problem has been fixed.

I can see now the data gateway and the scheduled refresh options under the dataset. 

Juergen_Koller
Regular Visitor

Hello @all,

it works again for my custom connector, wuhh 🤓

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @SathishR 

This issue has been fixed . Please check this issue in your Service .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

rebeccahare17
Advocate I

I am still having this issue.  It is not resolved.

CharlotteB2

This Issue is not fixed or has recurred.

resultCode:FailedWithUnknownOrUnsupportedDataSources Query contains unsupported function. Function name: MariaDB.Contents 

is there something we could check? So we need to update?

MatthewHughes

Hello, after considerable research I thought I would be able to execute a refresh of a python script using on premises gateway (personal) but It doesn't even show the personal gateway option. only provides the error you all mentioned above. 

Unable to determine the data source due to unknown functions. When custom connectors are used, the error can happen if gateway doesn't have the extension enabled. Details: Query contains unknown function name: Python.Execute.

• Data source for Query1

MatthewHughes1

Why have I not received a response to the above issue?