Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Q&A not available for Direct Query dataset in Content Pack

Hi,

I have a dashboard with data from datasets which are connected via Direct Query and an Enterprise Gateway. I activeted the Q&A in the dataset settings and it is working fine for the dashboard.

The problem is, when I create a content pack with these dashboard, reports and datasets, the Q&A feature is not available in the dashboard which you get, when you add the content pack anymore. In the original Dashboard, which was used to create the content pack, it is still visibile.

I would say that is a bug or?

BR,

Bastian

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Bastian_B

I just tried to create a content pack with my dashboard (Direct Query to SSAS 2016 Tabular with Enterprise Gateway). Others can see and use the Q&A feature after they get this content pack. I cannot repro the issue you described above. There is some limitations while enabling Q&A for Direct Query, please refer to the bottom of this document.

Q&A not available for Direct Query dataset in Content Pack.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Bastian_B
Frequent Visitor

Q&A not shownQ&A not shown

Q&A is activated and working for the normal dashboard/dataset. I added a screenshot where you can see that (left side). When I get the content pack to my workspace, where this dashboard is in, I can't see the Q&A anymore. Do I maybe forget a configuration for the content pack or something like that?

BR,

Bastian

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Bastian_B

I’m still not be able to repro this issue. I suggest you to create support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since it may be tenant or account specific.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered