Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Publish to Power BI Not Working

When you try and Publish an Excel Work book  containing a data model to Power BI using File-Publish-Publish to Power BI - and then try and open the File from the service you get the below error message

This is happening for all Excel Files - both new and those that were already published

sam_xlpowerbi_0-1650948855178.png

Cheers

Sam

Hi @sam_xlpowerbi ,

I am not able to reproduce your issue, after I publish the workbook from Excel to Power BI Service, it works fine.Did I miss something?
My test version is:

Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2203 Build 16.0.15028.20218) 64-bit

vcaitlynmstf_0-1651029648305.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @sam_xlpowerbi ,

I am not able to reproduce your issue, after I publish the workbook from Excel to Power BI Service, it works fine.Did I miss something?
My test version is:

Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2203 Build 16.0.15028.20218) 64-bit

vcaitlynmstf_0-1651029648305.png

Best Regards,

sam_xlpowerbi
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

Yes - It says published - But now navigate to Power BI Service and then try and open it in Power BI Service - That is when you get the error.

Cheers

Sam

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @sam_xlpowerbi ,

As you can see in the image above, I was able to open this workbook successfully on Power BI Service and did not receive any error message.

Best Regards,