Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI desktop BUG - measure web url double quotes

Hi, I have a measure that is formatting a url and passing values into a query string. The query string requires double quotes around the values. The url is to D365 Finance and Operations.

The measure creates the URL successfully and I can copy and paste the value into a browser and it will render the page successfully. However, when i configue the cell element in the grid to Web URL, the strings now have two double quotes around each string, which I is invalid. Any ideas? This seems to be a bug in the web URL setting in Power bi.

Issue: The ProjID should be formatted as "ProjID" but the web URL setting is formatting as ""ProjID"".

Hi @GnnovationPBI ,

What's the meaning of "configue the cell element in the grid to Web URL"?

How do you operate?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
GnnovationPBI

Hi, I have a measure that is formatting a url and passing values into a query string.  The query string requires double quotes around the values.  The url is to D365 Finance and Operations. 

The measure creates the URL successfully and I can copy and paste the value into a browser and it will render the page successfully.  However, when i configue the cell element in the grid to Web URL, the strings now have two double quotes around each string, which I is invalid.  Any ideas?  This seems to be a bug in the web URL setting in Power bi. 

Issue:  The ProjID should be formatted as "ProjID" but the web URL setting is formatting as ""ProjID"". 

GnnovationPBI_0-1666636715120.png

GnnovationPBI_1-1666637101585.png

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @GnnovationPBI ,

What's the meaning of "configue the cell element in the grid to Web URL"?

How do you operate?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

GnnovationPBI

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft,  1.) put a table visual on your report 2.) add columns to the table 3.)  format visual 4.) expand cell elements and turn web URL on.

GnnovationPBI_3-1666708784118.png

GnnovationPBI_0-1666708358854.png

The image below is for the measure logic, which formats the URL string...This measure is used in the cell element Web URL setting.  

GnnovationPBI_4-1666709186567.png

the value of webURL3 is correct, since i can copy and paste the url on a browser and it renders the page correctly. However, when the value of WebURL3 is used in the cell elements "WEB URL" function, it contains extra double quotes around literal strings.  So my assumption, is that the WEB URL function is adding the addition double quotes.