Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Q&A Setup Window has no horizontal scroll bar and can't be resized

Hello,

I am having a very frustrating time with Q&A setup.  I love both the feature and the options being provided.  We have a large data model with a lot of long, descriptive names and this breaks the Field Synonyms section (which is key for us due to the size of the model).

Please add a horizontal scroll bar (or the ability to resize the window) because there currently is not way for us to select/deselect some attributes.  Please see the screenshot and note the lack of the selection slider on the right.

In the meantime, does anyone have a work-around?  I've been trying to play with windows settings (and I even downloaded a window resizer tool off the internet) and so far nothing has worked.

Thanks!

QandA Issue.PNG

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

According to your sample picture, it seems to be a preview feature and needs more suggestions to be improved.

You can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1625215149632.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

NDC
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  It's a bug in a preview feature - I'll post the idea where you suggested but is there a forum for preview feature bugs that is different from this bug forum?

Thanks,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

In my opinion, you can just go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea and it is enough.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly this problem - it is very, very frustrating

NDC
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous The only workaround I've found for selecting/deselecting an attribute if the row is too wide is to make/modify the perspective.  Which is incredibly frustrating, as that requires a lot of work and potentially hundreds of different perspectives, each for a different Q&A off the same data.

A bit frustrating that something as simple as a horizontal scroll bar is considered a new feature.

The idea I submitted is here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=52d91f71-38db-eb11-ba5e-281878e6855d