Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI was unable to read the application metadata.

I was trying to access my Power Bi via web as I am trying to publish my dashboard through my desktop app but this error occurs and now I do not have any access to the web. I was working with my Power Bi via webpage and desktop fine this morning. I used Microsoft Edge to access it all the time, I even tried using Chrome but the outcome is the same. I have removed the cookies and caches as some solution suggests but the error remains. 

What can I do to solve this? Thank you.

Screenshot (3).png

Hi @username1 

I am so glad to hear that you can use your Service normally . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @username1 

Service is currently accessible on our side, and this is not a widespread problem. Do you have normal access to your Service now?

Best Regards,

username1

Hello @v-yetao1-msft,

I am able to access the Power Bi web now. Thank you for responding 😁

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @username1 

I am so glad to hear that you can use your Service normally . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,

anazzar

Hi,

I couldn't find a resolution here in the comments. I'm experiencing this same issue. In my case, I added external (guests) users to my AD and created a security group with all extrenal user. The group has access to the workspace as Viewers. But when an external user tries to access a Power BI report, they receive the same error. Any ideas?

powerBIerror.png