Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI was unable to read the application metadata.

I was trying to access my Power Bi via web as I am trying to publish my dashboard through my desktop app but this error occurs and now I do not have any access to the web. I was working with my Power Bi via webpage and desktop fine this morning. I used Microsoft Edge to access it all the time, I even tried using Chrome but the outcome is the same. I have removed the cookies and caches as some solution suggests but the error remains. 

What can I do to solve this? Thank you.

Screenshot (3).png

Hi @username1 

I am so glad to hear that you can use your Service normally . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @username1 

Service is currently accessible on our side, and this is not a widespread problem. Do you have normal access to your Service now?

Best Regards,

username1

Hello @v-yetao1-msft,

I am able to access the Power Bi web now. Thank you for responding 😁

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @username1 

I am so glad to hear that you can use your Service normally . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,

anazzar

Hi,

I couldn't find a resolution here in the comments. I'm experiencing this same issue. In my case, I added external (guests) users to my AD and created a security group with all extrenal user. The group has access to the workspace as Viewers. But when an external user tries to access a Power BI report, they receive the same error. Any ideas?

powerBIerror.png