Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI Service status

We updated one of our workspaces to the new version last week. Today, the app started giving this error to users. 

kewaynes33_0-1662741926434.png

We tried updating it. It said it properly updated, but we still go the error. So we deleted the app and tried to create it again. We got an error that says app already exists. We have other workspaces that we did not upgrade and we have not seen this issue.

Please help.

@Anonymous ,

Notice that you see this:

vmengzhumsft_0-1663297870814.png

Did you update the workspace or the app? And can you give me the error message when you failt to create app  again?

Make sure the app you deleted didn't exists in this page.

vmengzhumsft_1-1663298106761.png

At the same time, if you update your app to a new version, have you regained access to the app for the user?

vmengzhumsft_2-1663298329640.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
drvn2wn
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous  I reported a similar issue here, you may find some helpful context and/or follow for further responses: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/New-App-Experience-Cannot-View-Published-App-quot-All-quot/idi-p/2751093

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drvn2wn Thanks. It's at least good to know we're not the only ones seeing this issue. The problem we have is that we deleted the app and it won't let us create it again. Even though we don't currenlty see the app, when we try to create it again, we get and error stating that it already exists.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does this app work before you update it?

Usually the reason for this error is that you are not accessing the correct tenant where the app is located. So I'm curious if the app was shared by someone else or if you created it yourselves.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

We created it ourself and had been using it for over 6 months with no issues.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

@Anonymous ,

Notice that you see this:

vmengzhumsft_0-1663297870814.png

Did you update the workspace or the app? And can you give me the error message when you failt to create app  again?

Make sure the app you deleted didn't exists in this page.

vmengzhumsft_1-1663298106761.png

At the same time, if you update your app to a new version, have you regained access to the app for the user?

vmengzhumsft_2-1663298329640.png

Best regards,