Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI service: Permissions in several workspaces suddenly not visible anymore

I and some colleages (PRO-licence) have admin-access to all workspaces in our company via one and the same AD security group. Suddenly, today in half of the workspaces the permissions are not visible anymore for us.

Moreover, the workspaces in which the permissions are not visible anymore differ from colleage to colleage.

For example:
I can see the permissions in workspace A & B, but not in C & D. My colleage can see the permissions in A & C, but not in B & D and another colleage can see permissions in A, but not in B, C & D.

However we are granted the admin-role via the same security group.

The permissions did not change and work well (tested with some endusers).

It is not the first time we mentioned this behaviour. Last time it dissapeared the next day.

Hi @wesleyallinq @Bieke @hlad ,

That's great! Thanks for your reply!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a similar issue. When pressing "manage permissions" on our dataset to see/change access of our users, we can't see the current groups and individuals that we have given access. It's just a blank page under "direct access". Earlier today I could see it for about 2 minutes, then it dissapeared again. My colleagues have not been able to see it today, and also faced challenges in regards to this, yesterday.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Bieke 

Please try these operations to see whether you can get permissions.

• Try to directly add yourself to the workspace as an admin
  • Try to add a new security group to the workspace
  • Try to remove the security group from the workspace, wait for a while and use Refresh User Permissions REST API to refresh the permissions. After a period, add this security group to the workspace again.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi All,

We got feedback from our internal team said that it's a known issue and they are working on fixing it. Before you can reach the fix in your region, please consider this workaround:

Use the API to get the list of users Admin - Datasets GetDatasetUsersAsAdmin - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/datasets-get-dataset-users-as-admin#example 

Best Regards,

wesleyallinq
Regular Visitor

this issue happens in our tenant only with usergroups with admin permissions. When we assign someone with his personal account with admin permissions to the workspace then is everthing visable in the manage permissions tab.

Bieke
Regular Visitor

1) Adding myself with my personal account as admin works fine. That's a good workaround for the time being.

2) Adding a new security group, does not help

3) Removing and adding back the security group after a period of time, does not help

KG_3243550
Advocate I

We're experiencing this issue as well. I had admin permissions within a usergroup and was seeing a blank list under Direct Access. I was able to work around the issue by adding myself individually as a workspace admin.

hlad
Frequent Visitor

Can we get an update on this issue please. Thanks

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @hlad 

This fix has started deploying into product team region by region, and you may still need wait several days before you can reach it in your region. 

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Bieke @KG_3243550 @hlad @wesleyallinq @Anonymous ,

We got feedback from our product team said they have fixed this issue. Please test at your side to check whether you can reach to it in your region. Thanks.

Best Regards,

wesleyallinq
Regular Visitor

@v-cazheng-msft  I tested on some workspaces and i don't have the issue at the moment.

thanks for the support!