Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service Down in Australia

Hi Support,

We're currently experiencing issues with accessing Power BI service from Australia.

Upon signing in the screen just loads with the logo in the centre flashing indefinitely.

Can this be resolved asap? And can the service status page be reflective of this?

Thanks,

Yufei

Comments
pbimendrhub
Regular Visitor

Hi support team - I raised support ticket 119100123001866 and was advised by @MSPowerBI on twitter to ask for an update in this thread. The issue is when I try to access an embedded report - getting 401 Unathorized... and this was working perfectly before the outage this morning at around 2019-09-30 T 20:00 Z.

JeffJ60
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded is severely impacted for us.

Support team - Our embedded instance is receiving erratic actions. Works one moment, not the next. Please continue resolutions and add a focus toward the API for embeds. We are blind over here. If there are actions we need to take to allow the embed codes to come across accurately, please advise ASAP.

pbimendrhub
Regular Visitor

FYI everyone - MS Support fixed the issue overnight (about 6am Sydney time) - embedded reports are working for me now.

The response to my ticket was:

Good news - your support case 119100123001866 related to an outage in your region, has been resolved.
SUMMARY OF IMPACT:

We completed an analysis of the issue and determined that a recent service change exposed an unexpected limitation in the configuration service used by Power BI.  This limitation resulted in an incompatible configuration being returned to the Power BI Service, which in turn caused failures when users attempted to access the service. To resolve the issue, we have modified the service configuration to a compatible version and have confirmed that service is restored.

Start time: Monday, September 30, 2019, at 11:09 PM UTC

End time: Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at 1:36 AM UTC

ROOT CAUSE:

A recent service change exposed an unexpected limitation in the configuration service used by Power BI.  This limitation resulted in an incompatible configuration being returned to the Power BI Service, which in turn caused failures when users attempted to access the service.

NEXT STEPS: 

We have determined the root cause of the issue from this configuration change and have taken actions to prevent this from occurring again.  We also are reviewing our release management processes to look for ways to further reduce risk from configuration changes in the future.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this disruption may have caused our customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

same here, western europe