Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Gateway does not support 32 bit Access DB

i can access 32 bit ms access db files using 32 bit power bi desktop.

BUT

when publishing to PBI service, and running the personal gateway to refresh the data, i get the following error:

Data source error:Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider is required to connect to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nwrong

Can the report be shown in PBI Desktop properly?

Best Regards,

Herbert

nwrong
Helper I

Hi @v-haibl-msft, the report is refreshes and is displayed correctly in Desktop. Thanks!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nwrong

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 27697460

I’ll post here if I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

nwrong
Helper I

Thank you Herbert!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual

@nwrong, I got confirmation from the PBI PG team that the issue you reported is by design: Power BI only have 64 bit personal gateway, it is by design to leverage only 64 bits drivers.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

helenah
Helper I

Hi,

I have the same issue. I have PowerBI 32 bit, Access engine 32 bit, Office 32 bit

My data source is an .xls file on a website

I originally had Power BI 64 bit but based on instructions here (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-access-database-errors/) I changed to Power BI 32 bit - otherwise I was not able to link to the mentioned data source.

Now it works in Desktop but I cannot do a scheduled refresh.

I don't want to install Office 64 bit since not all of the other add-ins support Office 64 bit at my workplace (or so I'm told).

I cannot download Access database engine 64 bit since my Office is 32 bit.

Is there any solution for me to have the scheduled refresh working?

adciudad2
Frequent Visitor

Lograron conectar el Gateway a un ODBC de 32 bits?