Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop crashes after enter my email address to sign in

Hi all,

I clicked the "sign in" on top right of my power BI desktop, it pops out to ask me key in my email. After keying in my email, the popping windows became blank and then power BI desktop just closed.

My windows is 64bit windows 10 pro. I installed 64X power BI desktop. 

I have tried some methods like updating my windoes and reinstall PBI desktop. 

Can anyone give a suggestion? I have no issue to log in online PBI.

gaor_0-1632192558989.png

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

Have you tried to uninstall the current version and download the Power BI Desktop from the Microsoft Store and check if the problem can disappear in the Store version of it?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

gaor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have uninstall the current PBI desktop, downloaded from Microsoft Store and installed. The problem remains. The PBI desktop forces to close when it is supposed to show the next page to key in the passwork.

I  have tried in my personal laptop, it proceeds to next page in the popping windows and asks me to key in the password

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

I think you can follow this document to check if your computer and system have met the requirement to install and run the Power BI desktop:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/system-requirements

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

gaor
Frequent Visitor

Checked. All met.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

According to my research, this issue may be related to the latest update of the Power BI desktop, you can try to install the August version to check if you can sign in successfully:

you can download previous versions of Power BI here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-de...

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

gaor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Robert Qin,

I just solved this.

It is because of some security software installed on my laptop (company). The IT support helped me to remove some agent things and installed a PBI gateway thing. I do not an expect of this but what I understand is the security software banned me from accessing PBI service.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

OK, thank you for the feedback!😁