Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop Visio Error

I am experiencing an issue currently where the Visio visual is not loading in Power BI Desktop. I beleive the issue is due to some changes from February 2023 update. Through troubleshooting, I believe it is related to a permissions error on the Power BI Desktop side when the visual is trying to reach out to the embded link from Sharepoint. Screenshots are shown below and further details. The same Power BI desktop file was opened in both verisions with no changes. 

February 2023 Version(Blank Visual)

Jake1131_0-1676918964293.png

December 2022 Version(Visual show on left)

Jake1131_1-1676920251067.png

The following steps were already attempted to resolve the issue in the Feb 2023 version.

• Refresh all visuals.
  • Uninstall and reinstall Power BI from Microsoft App store. Cache cleared before uninstall.
  • Re-embed link and refresh visual.
  • Clear all data permissions and sign in with credentials.
  • Attempt to use OneDrive and utilize embeded link from one drive.
  • Created a new file and rebuild visual using same sharepoint and ond drive embded links.
  • Downloaded sample from Visio visual, the sample Power BI application did show a visual successfully. This lead to the conclusion that the update is causing the error versus the Visio visual.
  • Published to BI Service. Visio visual was shown successfully but Power BI Desktop continued to show no visual. My report does not get published to the Power BI Service for various reasons so this does not help me other than to rule out a permissions issue.

I would appreciate input on any possible solutions or if there is a timeline for a fix for this issue.

Thank You!

The issue has been fixed in the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Jake1131 ,

We have reported this issue and submitted it to the product team.
They have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Jake1131
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Any update on a timeline for this fix?

Thank You,

Jake

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

The issue has been fixed in the latest version of Power BI Desktop.