Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Dataflows all failing

Beginning this morning (6/30/22 @ 12:04AM EST) all of our dataflows (Around 25 or so) have been failing during scheduled or On demand refreshes. Our data sources are either DB2 or SQL Server, and both are failing. Our error messages have been extremely vague. For example: "There was a problem refreshing your dataflow. {"RootActivityId":"bfde734d-f095-4641-bb6e-b32f53214266"}"

We have tried moving the workspace from Premium Per User, back to Pro, then back again, as this helped in prior issues where the dataflows were getting stuck in refresh. However, this did not work today. I attempted to create a new dataflow, however, the process failed when attempting to save. 

Is anyone else experiencing issues? Could this be related to the message on the support page about a fix being deployed today? 

FYI - Background is accounting, not IT, so be gentle.

Hi @deskow80 ,

The information you provided is a bit unclear, so we suggest you wait until that issue on the support page is fixed and then see if it works.

If you set up a separate schedule for the linked dataflow, dataflows can refresh unnecessarily and block you from editing the dataflow. There are two recommendations to avoid this issue:

• Avoid setting a refresh schedule for a linked dataflow in the same workspace as the source dataflow
  • If you want to configure a refresh schedule separately, and want to avoid the locking behavior, separate the dataflow in a separate workspace.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @deskow80 ,

The information you provided is a bit unclear, so we suggest you wait until that issue on the support page is fixed and then see if it works.

If you set up a separate schedule for the linked dataflow, dataflows can refresh unnecessarily and block you from editing the dataflow. There are two recommendations to avoid this issue:

• Avoid setting a refresh schedule for a linked dataflow in the same workspace as the source dataflow
  • If you want to configure a refresh schedule separately, and want to avoid the locking behavior, separate the dataflow in a separate workspace.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

I experienced it as well, our datasource is Google Big Query. Our reports are very big around 1 GB. Normally, they take around 20-30 minutes to finish refreshing but the last 2 days they took 5 hours and eventually failed. I still wonder what happen or any update on this.

cphite
Helper I

Hello...  sorry if this is a stupid question I'm still kind of new at Power BI but we are having an issue and I am wondering if it is related.  We have a handful of reports that have multiple pages, and where we used to see a list of pages on the left (sort of an index) we are now just seeing blank rectangles, and each report will only display whatever page was open in the desktop when it was published.  

I even created a very simple dataset and report that consists only of one table, a calendar, and am getting the same thing, so I don't think it's related to any kind of large dataset.  Looks like below.  Normally there would be page names (in this case Page 1, Page 2) where those grey rectangles are on the left.

cphite_0-1656708440187.png