Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power APP visual doesn't work properly in power bi desktop

The visualization used to embed power apps does not trigger the option to choose the option to create or use an existing application after adding columns - (Power BI Desktop Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (Feb2023))

Hi all,

Issue has been fixed in Power BI Desktop in the latest version published on Feb 22. 2023

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
LPanas84
Advocate I

I meant Powerbi.com

gtr6

Same issue, please fix asap even with working on the web version it becomes impossible if need to edit data on the query editor ! 

lexsmeets_
Frequent Visitor

Same issue

Jperez2k8
Frequent Visitor

Exact same problem here. Took me a while to realize it was a problem after Feb 23 update. Last month it worked with no issues, tried to make a new power app from power bi and it eas imposible.

matthiashh
Regular Visitor

The Visual does not show an already embedded PowerApp anymore.

And it does not allow to re-connect it to the App as well as the other users stated already.

Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (Februar 2023)

Marcus07957
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. This has put a dead-stop to one of my projects for a client - any workarounds?

cottert
Regular Visitor

Yes.  Install a previous version of Power BI desktop worked for me.  You will need to install from microsoft website instead of microsoft store.  

Marcus07957
Regular Visitor

If you install a previous version of the desktop app then the power apps visual is disabled (it is only supported on the latest version Feb-2023 and on this version the power apps visual does not work as this thread suggests.

very frustrating 😞

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

Issue has been fixed in Power BI Desktop in the latest version published on Feb 22. 2023

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

LPanas84
Advocate I

Hi,

Thanks! I can confirm that this issue has been solved.

BR,

Lukasz