Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

0

Powe BI Desktop error not traceable when importing from Sharepoint list

I am importing data from Sharepoint 2019 on prem in power BI desktop (Version: 2.109.1021.0 64-bit)
When refreshing data I get the following error:

DGruia_0-1679551904943.png

In Sharepoint, everything is ok (values, types, references etc).
Entering Power Query, I found an error in my "Contracte" table:

DGruia_1-1679552951192.png

However, when I try to see the error:

DGruia_2-1679553078233.png

the value exists and is correct (no error on any of the columns):

DGruia_3-1679553112069.png

When I am adding a step where I am changing the Column type from "Text" to "Text" (yes, the same type), all the errors are gone. Instead of "Error" I get the correct values:

DGruia_4-1679553559704.png

Howevwer, when I Save and Apply, I got the initial errors (of course they are linked to the Source updating, not to the transformations).
Please ,help me in solving the errors or, at least, correctly explicit the "Error" item - show me the real error.

Status: Delivered

Thanks for your sharing and since your Power BI could run well, the thread will be closed now.

Comments
DGruia
New Member

I found the source of error>
The value extracted from Sharepoint list was a Sharepoint Link to an item in the list.
Later, the referenced item was deleted so the value pointed to a non existing item.
After correcting the reference in Sharepoint list to an existing item, the error was gone.
I suspect the values shown when cheking Error in Power Query table were from some cache.
Anyway, the Power Query Error behavior (showing cached values instead of Error details) remains strange.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Thanks for your sharing and since your Power BI could run well, the thread will be closed now.