Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pop-Up Windows Zoomed In and Unusable

All pop-up windows are zoomed in and unusable. For example: when I have a table, and I click a column for conditional formatting, then click background color, the pop-up that should let me set the parameters is zoomed in, and I can't submit my choices because the edge of the pop-up cuts off part of the buttons. Otherwise, if I am refreshing the data the pop-up that tells me what % is done is too zoomed in to see any information. 

Zoomed-In Conditional Formatting Pop-up WindowZoomed-In Conditional Formatting Pop-up Window

Zoomed-In Data Refresh Pop-Up WIndowZoomed-In Data Refresh Pop-Up WIndow

The funny part is that I can pinch-to-zoom in even FURTHER, but I can't zoom OUT completely. Yes, I have triple-checked that I can't pinch-to-zoom out any further. 

Two-Finger-Zoomed In Even FurtherTwo-Finger-Zoomed In Even Further

Hi @Rdata 

I tested the scenario you described, but the pop-ups are displayed properly on my side. You can refer to the screenshot below.  My Desktop is also the latest version. What is the resolution your computer is set to?

Recording 2023-02-23 at 14.13.59.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Rdata
Advocate I

The only solution I have found is uninstalling Feb 2023 PowerBI and reinstalling the December 2022 patch. It worked, but I am missing some of the new features now that I was excited about 😞 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Rdata 

I tested the scenario you described, but the pop-ups are displayed properly on my side. You can refer to the screenshot below.  My Desktop is also the latest version. What is the resolution your computer is set to?

Recording 2023-02-23 at 14.13.59.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

mhepner1

I am running on a surface laptop, Power BI Version: 2.114.864.0 64-bit (February 2023),  scale & layout is 100%, Display resolution setting is the recommended setting per Windows, and this is what I see when performing conditional formatting

mhepner1_0-1677442571382.png

I have to go to the taskbar to close this window because there is no way to access the exit button. I'm uninstalling as recommended above. I never saw this problem until I installed the February update. 

Jade_243671
Regular Visitor

Users at my organisation have also had this problem since installing February 2023 (2.114.864.0). Our workaround has been to decrease the text size for all apps in Settings > Ease of Access > Display > Make text bigger. However, for accessibility reasons, many users require their text size to be greater than 100% so this isn't a suitable solution. These users didn't have an issue with text size in previous versions of Power BI Desktop, and all pop-up windows in Power BI were displayed correctly. We are reverting back to December 2022 because we didn't have this problem then.

Jade_243671_0-1677599129526.png

Jade_243671_1-1677599154506.png

Rdata
Advocate I

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I have a 15.6 HP Zbook Studio, running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2, OS Build 19044.2604. Last OS update happened 2/17/2023. My display is always on 1920 x 1080 (Recommended) at 100% for both my laptop and my 2nd monitor. 

VishalJhaveri
Resolver III

Facing same issue. Tried 2 things from this post.  Scaling to 100 % and ease of access text size to 100. Didn't work.

VishalJhaveri_0-1677979362132.png
Go to Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn and download december 2022 version where its working fine.

VishalJhaveri_0-1677980133615.png

Thank you.

gmon
Regular Visitor

Facing same issue on my end - thought it was just me

Thor89
Frequent Visitor

At least 3 of my around 200 report builders are also having this issue.

tbiernacki

was this ever resolved. I am having the same issue running PowerBi Report server (sept22) version.