Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Please Develop a Google Analytics Connector (GA4)

Quoted from: @Syk

Syk on ‎08-25-2022 08:32 AM 

Has there been any word about when a connector to Google Analytics 4 will be available? With Google Analytics UA sunsetting in 2023, there is not a good way to switch between the two. Other posts (see linked below) here have left me wondering if MS intends to do any integration with the next version of GA as the current method is to use a BigQuery instance to pull data from GA4 then into Power BI.

Power BI Google Analytics 4 Connector - Microsoft Power BI Community
GA4 Connector - Microsoft Power BI Community

Idea

Please work on developing a native GA4 connector in Power BI

Hi @electrifiedg ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @electrifiedg ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

sambo345
Frequent Visitor

Hi, CoorieDug has developed an open source custom connector that might be of use to you until theres an official solution: https://cooriedug.com/custom-ga4-power-bi-connector-setup/

electrifiedg
Regular Visitor

@sambo345 Thank you for the tip. I will try this method out and see if it works for my company

ReportBuilder07
Helper III

Hi @electrifiedg You have the beta 2.0 connector which is compatible with GA4. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your G4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

electrifiedg
Regular Visitor

@ReportBuilder07 Thanks for offering another 3rd party solution. I'm using the Microsoft beta 2.0 connector and it suffices for my Google Analytics GA4 requirements.

Before that I use the CoorieDug solution mentioned in prior comments. But it's good to know about other options if the Microsoft solution stops working