Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pin live page interactivity in iOS app

Allow pinned live pages to remain interactive in mobile apps. Live page interactivity is a large draw of this feature, but this limits a complete dashboard experience to the browser, and prevents end users consuming reports on mobile devices from having the same rich experience.

Per the forum thread linked below, this functionality was working in the past, but we have recently seen with a customer that pinned live pages are not interactive on the iOS app on iPads. Per an email from the Power BI support team, this lack of interactivity is by design.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Pin-Live-page-slicer-in-ios-App-is-not-working/m-p/1605...

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @greggyb,

I can reproduce the issue on my side. I have sent a email to consult this issue from PG team internally. Will update here if I get any response.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @greggyb,

Please check below response from PG team:

PBI desktop and web application allow interactions on pinned live page (in the dashboard scope).
PBI mobile apps do not allow interactions on pinned live page (in the dashboard scope). When you tap the live page the underlining report will be opened where you can do all the exploration needed.

To clarify, the current behavior that was also there before is, when a report page is pinned to a dashboard as “Live page” it is not interactive in the dashboard scope.
When the user drills in to the report then it regains the interactions.
This is not a degradation compared to a previous behavior.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu