Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric is Generally Available. Browse Fabric Presentations. Work towards your Fabric certification with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Pendig changes: query metadata don't get updated


I have some Power BI Boards which I edit once a month within the desktop app.

When I opened the boards yesterday I got a notification, that there are some pendig changes that have not yet been applied.


When I select "Apply changes", Power BI updates "query metadata":

Screenshot 2022-08-10 161652.png

For a moment a green tick is displayed.

However, the message "There are pendig changes" remains and I can't refresh my dataset.


When I select "Discard changes" nothing happens at all.


Does anyone know what are the pendig changes about? We didn't make changes to the dataset since last time.

How can I solve the pending changes to refresh my dataset?

Status: Delivered

Hi @MariaC 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed with other users' suggestions . At present, there are many problems with Desktop in August, so it is recommended to use the Version in July first, and then use it after the problem is updated in August . 


Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

New Member


@edhans , 


As soon as I noticed here that the problems was due to a bug on the August I reverted to July and works perfectly. Means until now my August version still had a problem.


let we know if there is any new version which correct this bug.

Thanks for your reply.



Super User

@Jay_Mitchel - it was confirmed as "delivered" in this thread, and I had a file with the problem and as soon as I upgraded to the latest August, it was fixed. 


It is certianly possible that you and a few others might have an edge case that was not addressed properly, and I'd encourage you to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft. Support | Microsoft Power BI


Frequent Visitor

I just updated to the September 2022 version of Power BI Desktop today. Files that had the "Pending Changes" issue as a consequence of the first August update seem to gotten fixed. Also, the related issue that prevented the datasets of those files once published on the Power BI Service appear to have been fixed as well.