Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Partition of type "Inferred" is not supported

Hi, 

I've faced with this issue when I download .pbix from Power BI Service. I've never had this error before. I tried to open this file with different Power BI version.  My system is 64-bit and same with Power BI Desktop.

Feedback Type:

Frown (Error)

Error Message:

Partition of type "Inferred" is not supported.

Stack Trace:

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Storage.FileOpenError.HandleError(IWindowService windowService, LocalizedString title)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.TryOpenOrCreateReport(IPowerBIWindowService windowService, IFileManager fileManager, IFileHistoryManager fileHistoryManager, CommandLine commandLine, FileType fileType, IFileInformationProtectionManager fileInformationProtectionManager, IPowerBITelemetryService telemetryService)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass4_1.<Main>b__3()

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Stack Trace Message:

“Inferred” türündeki bölüm desteklenmiyor.

Invocation Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<HandleException>b__0()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.PowerBIUnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError:

{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.110.805.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Storage.FileOpenError","Error":"Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException - UNKNOWN_ERROR: 0xC1410154","MethodDef":"HandleError - UNKNOWN_ERROR: 0xC1410154","ErrorOffset":"201"}

PowerBINonFatalError_ErrorDescription:

UNKNOWN_ERROR: 0xC1410154

PowerBINonFatalError_MethodDefDescription:

UNKNOWN_ERROR: 0xC1410154

PowerBIUserFeedbackServices_IsReported:

True

Hi @Brnwalker 

Does this error occur when you are downloading or when you open the downloaded file? Do you have this problem downloading other reports?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Brnwalker 

Does this error occur when you are downloading or when you open the downloaded file? Do you have this problem downloading other reports?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Brnwalker
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

This error occur when I open the downloaded file. I have no problem dowloading other reports.

Ayushijn17

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. any idea how can we fix it?

Regards,

Ayushi Jain

azi
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue when I download the report and want to open it in PBI desktop. 

rcitigori
Frequent Visitor

Hello Iam seeing the same error "Partition of type 'Inferred' is not supported." when opening the downloaded report. Any luck on this investigation ? 

azi
Regular Visitor

I found the reason. it is regarding to enabling Automatic aggregations training in power Bi service. you can find the reason it in the following link. 

Partition of type 'Inferred' is not supported. - Microsoft Fabric Community

to solve the problem, you should go to the sematic model setting and off the aggregation. And when you switch it off, you should also delete the aggregation table (it will appear at the bottom of the "off" switch).  After that you can download a report and open it. 

azi_0-1710924845580.png