Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paginated reports parameters : Blank() and empty values

Hello,

We are facing an issue in Paginated Reports v15.7.1740.0001 where an empty string value (not NULL, just empty) cannot be filtered on. The datasource is an AAS model we have migrated from OnPrem SSAS tabular model and OnPrem SSRS (where it works just fine).

In the main DataSet and parameter DataSet we have these results : 

FabienLhonneur_0-1638960572999.png      FabienLhonneur_1-1638960769855.png

But when we execute and test the report, empty value is just filtered and we can't get the line back. 

FabienLhonneur_2-1638961074127.png

On OnPrem Report there's no problem : 

FabienLhonneur_3-1638961305240.png

Has anyone faced this issue yet?

Thank you for you answers.

Hi @FabienLhonneur 

May I know whether you have selected All blank value and Allow null value for your parameter?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
FabienLhonneur
Frequent Visitor

@GrayMarshUK 

Is your DAX based dataset a custom DAX query made by you or a Report Builder generated query?

I use custom DAX queries only when I know my dataset won't have any empty value.

GrayMarshUK
Frequent Visitor

@FabienLhonneur 

It's currently custom DAX code but as I said when running exactly the same code in DAX studio then the blanks appear.

Are you suggesting a Builder generated query may return different values?

FabienLhonneur
Frequent Visitor

@GrayMarshUKindeed that is what I am suggesting. To be honest, there are sometimes big differences between the queries generated by the builder and the queries we develop. In fact, we tend to develop much simpler queries whereas the Report Builder builds complex DAX queries to match its Caption/Values structure inherited from the MDX times.

GrayMarshUK
Frequent Visitor

@FabienLhonneur Thanks

Lesson learnt! 

ssamples3

Hi @FabienLhonneur ,

Per your post, "...empty values can be selected and is shown in the report ...", I am unable to filter on empty values in the rdl; it says it must not be empty.  This is a multi-valaue parameter.  Thank you ahead of time for your response.