Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Page Title field width not growing during edit in PowerBI Desktop

On PowerBI Desktop, when editing the name of a page, if the page originally had a short name, the field to edit does not expand while typing.

Power BI Desktop version: Version: 2.122.1066.0 64-bit (October 2023)

Example steps to recreate issue:

1. Create a page named 'x'
  2. Rename it into something longer, like 'Page 1' 

Expected behaviour: Renaming field width grows to the length of the text 'Page 1' when typing and saved

Current behaviour: Field width remains as the width of the character 'x' until name change is saved

Hi @_tan_ 

PG is considering this, but has not given a specific timeframe for a fix . You can vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @_tan_ 

This happened after you upgraded to 2.122.1066.0 64-bit (October 2023), right? Does rolling back to a previous version cause this problem? 

Best Regards,

_tan_
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-yetao1-msft 

Unfortunately I am not in an environment where I can roll back or install a previous version of PowerBI Desktop.

I have only discovered this behaviour very recently, but admittedly I never really paid attention before in the previous versions as its not a huge impact to the experience. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi   @_tan_ 

I have submitted your issue to ICM . I will come back with updates if there is any progress .

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @_tan_ 

PG is considering this, but has not given a specific timeframe for a fix . You can vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,