Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PPUInformationNotAllowedForPremiumCaller: Premium caller trying to read premium per user information

Hi, the following error was noticed today, and I have been trying to diagnose for the past few hours. This started when I went to refresh my local PBIX using PBI Desktop. My local Power BI Desktop is signed in using my PPU license and the dataflows are in a PPU workspace for which I am the tenant admin. This dataset and dataflow architecture have existed since PPU Beta a little over a year ago. This happens across every dataflow within the local PBIX. The last time I refreshed my local dataset successfully was on 3/26/2022. There is very little information online and the few I found do not pertain to my situation. Please advise?

mlong_0-1648863630235.png

Same issue had been submited internal(ICM: 295405333).

Up until now there was an issue not enforcing it in the power platform dataflow connector. It would be fixed as soon as possible, please try to check it in other time ranges recently.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Same issue had been submited internal(ICM: 295405333).

Up until now there was an issue not enforcing it in the power platform dataflow connector. It would be fixed as soon as possible, please try to check it in other time ranges recently.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

mlong
Advocate I

Thank you for the response. Will you please clarify?

It is my understanding, and according to Microsoft’s documentation, that PPU and Pro licensing should work on the following dataflow connector that is implemented throughout my PBIX.

Source = PowerBI.Dataflows(null)

Any insight as to when this will be fixed?

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks

mlong
Advocate I

This can be marked as closed as it was discovered that my local installation was corrupted. If someone else runs into this issue then completely remove power bi using the uninstall wizard, delete the CEF and Power BI app folders located in $user\AppData\Local and $user\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft, and completely reboot your system. After that you should be able to reinstall the latest version of PBI desktop and that dataflow connector should work again.

Cheers,
Matt