Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

October Update Not Updating

I have attempted to update to the latest October 2016 Desktop Version, however it appears I am stuck on the January 2016 release below.  I uninstalled/reinstalled both the 32 and 64-bit versions (separate attempts), and re-started machine, but nothing has worked.  I attempted to confirm my October 2016 did not take by testing the Date Slicer functionality with a sample line-chart and it did not work.    Looking for ideas on how to get the update to work.

Capture.JPG

Comments
Sreekanth
Frequent Visitor

Based on the Version number, your PowerBI desktop already upgraded to October version. 

Interesting thing is, how come it listing as january-2016 in the month name , Did you try installing the same on some other machine? Not sure if this could be a bug occurring due to some compatibility issues on the installed machine.

chass
Impactful Individual

Agreeing with Sreekanth,

Looks like this computer might have issues with the registry.  Since it is machine specific the next step would be to create a case with support.

http://Support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page)

Thanks

Chuck

chass
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered