Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OKViz Bullet Chart 2.2.9.4 new Update Broken - Data Labels & States

The new update of the OKViz Bullet Chart (2.2.9.4) released on the 19th of July broke data labels & some things about states. It seems that if data labels are turned on, only the top category is displayed, and no data labels are shown either:

Without data labels:

mostvp123_0-1658481904207.png

With data labels:

mostvp123_1-1658481942981.png

All formatting options in the data labels formatting category are also greyed out. This is a crucial issue that broke a number of dashboards and required a massive amount of manual intervention and fixes. Its also a shame the data labels can no longer be used as they were a key feature.

There is also a new bug with the States feature. You can usually apply 5 states to the visual (above I've colored them red/amber/green). Before the update, you could have 5 separate colors based on 5 measures that you would add to the "States" visual settings. The 5th and final state, would respond to the measure you added. Now, the 5th and final state no longer pulls in the measure data, and just fills the full background. In the example above I've colored the 5th state white, and the 4th state uses a measure corresponding to my target + is green to achieve sort of what I used to have (banded states ending at the target). This means I've lost a color band and am restricted to 4 states only instead of 5. But to give you an idea of how it used to look:
Before update: 
mostvp123_0-1658481904207.png
After update:

mostvp123_2-1658482379593.png

Kindly check the comments below,

Comments
marcorusso
MVP

The bug was fixed almost immediately, but the deployment on AppSource is creating a big delay.

Here is an excerpt of the communication sent to OKVIZ customers.

Bullet Chart version on AppSource
As you may have seen, the version of Bullet Chart has not been updated by Microsoft on AppSource.
We asked Microsoft for an explanation, and they informed us that the delivery date for version 2.2.9.4 is August 3, 2022.
They provided us a wrong delivery date in previous communications, and that date (July 27, yesterday) is the date that we communicated to our customers.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide alternative solutions. We are all waiting for Microsoft to deploy the fixed release.

Please note that OKVIZ received the certification of version 2.2.9.4 on July 19, 2022. Microsoft had the new version available since then, and the reason why it is not deployed is because of their internal procedures to deploy new versions of existing visuals.

We sincerely apologize for the problem that this is causing you, and we will certainly ask Microsoft to consider changes in the deployment procedure because it is causing so many problems.

marcorusso
MVP

@mostvp123 the last issue you described is probably a bug fixed in an upcoming version (2.3.0.0).

While you wait for that release, you have the following workaround:

1. Remove any measures from the States field
  2. Go to the States options panel and disable Extend last state
  3. Re-add all measures to the States field

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

Just for update . We got some feedback from the PG team, please check if this issue is fixed after August 3.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

mostvp123
Advocate V

@marcorusso thanks for this! But when I check the settings for "State", I cannot find an "Extend last State" option. Could you send over a screenshot to show me where to find this? I also used the Search functionality in the settings and still couldn't find anything.

marcorusso
MVP

You can find documentation here: Bullet Chart - OKVIZ Documentation

Submit bugs/questions here: okviz/bullet-chart-issues: Issues with Bullet Chart (github.com)

Thanks!

marcorusso
MVP

Version 2.2.9.4 fixes the issue reported at the beginning of this thread.
Microsoft deployed it yesterday, August 3.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Kindly check the comments below,

Aladin46
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,
Just read the above exchanges (we're August 26). Not sure if my issue is related, but here I go.
On my desktop dashboard, everything's going fine with Bullet Chart v2.2.8 (colors, visuals, etc.). However when the reports are published online I've got the same kind of colors & visual issues that you guys describe. Do I have to upgrade to v2.2.9.4 so that the published reports' displays are aligned with the Desktop ones?
Cheers,

Aladin

marcorusso
MVP

Please check the issues closed here:

Issues · okviz/bullet-chart-issues (github.com)

In particular check whether this one is affecting you: 
Data Color Change · Issue #1 · okviz/bullet-chart-issues (github.com)

In general, you should update the visual also to align the version to the new Power BI API for custom visuals.

ashvi
Regular Visitor

The same issue occured in Vertical orientation of Bullet chart with negative values whereas it works as expected in Horizontal. Can anyone help me out to resolve this. I am using 2.3.1.1 version.