Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OData Feed - Failed to update data source credentials

I have a report that uses an OData feed with Basic authentication to connect to an Odata source in my SAP system. When editing the report using Power BI desktop the credentials for the odata source are accepted and I can refresh the data no problem. I am also able to use my web browser to directly access the odata feed by navigating to the odata feed address and entering the same credentials.

However when I publish the report to the Power BI webs service I attempt to enter the same credentials and I get the following error message:

C_Marshall_0-1681738169063.png

I have tried clearing the credentials before publishing, I've tried rolling back the Power BI desktop app I'm publishing with and I've tried multiple browsers and different users to enter the credentials. All with no luck.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @C_Marshall 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @C_Marshall 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Coffylo

@v-yetao1-msft are there any updates on this issue?

GrzegKsiaz
Frequent Visitor

@C_Marshall we have good few customers of ours reporting this issue, what is the timeline on the fix?

C_Marshall
Regular Visitor

@GrzegKsiaz I was original told my microsoft support that it was a problem with my data feed and the support call got closed. So I don't know anymore than the post above accepting that there is an issue.

@v-yetao1-msft Any update on when this will sorted?

GrzegKsiaz
Frequent Visitor

@C_Marshall thanks for the update

C_Marshall
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft Any update on this issue? It has been more than a month! Thanks

Wayne-Klouder

I also have a report that uses an OData feed with Basic authentication to connect to an Odata source in Acumatica. When editing the report using Power BI desktop the credentials for the odata source are accepted and I can refresh the data. 

However when I publish the report to the Power BI webs service and use the same credentials and I get the following error message:

WayneKlouder_0-1684922635695.png

Is this linked to the same "known issue" that the engineers are working on?

C_Marshall
Regular Visitor

Has there been any progress on this? I followed the microsoft support process to be told this wasn't a microsoft problem and spent thousands on investigating the issue at my end to then be told it is a microsoft problem! It's not fair and people are relying on your software; you're letting us down by getting the issue sorted or updating us with the progress!

GrzegKsiaz
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft , Hi. We had 6 customers reporting this issue, using our OData feed. COuld you please come back to us on the matter?

Thanks,

Grzeg

C_Marshall
Regular Visitor

Microsoft came back to me today, in the odata source address we had %27 used to represent an apostraphie, when we changed this to just the apostraphie symbol ' then odata source would refresh. Apparently because it is a "special" symbol it was causing the problem. I hope that helps everyone else.