Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Numbered Lists in Text boxes - Numbers disappearing after published

In PowerBI Desktop and in Edit mode on app.powerbi.com, I see that I have a numbered list such as shown below

rprible_0-1661970319237.png

However, when I publish this PowerBI page, the numbers disappear as shown below:

rprible_1-1661970376981.png

On the web, if I click "Edit", the numbers re-appear. But disappear after saving and coming back.

I have tested this in a new blank dashboard. I have published to 2 different workspaces. A Premium workspace and my own workspace and the issue occured in all situations.

Bulleted lists are not affected. I do have a numbered list that I had created previously and it still remains, although I have not attempted to touch that previous bulleted list since this issue had started to occur for risk of losing this formatting.

Hi @rprible ,

I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, can you advise how you created the numberlist in the textbox in Desktop?
Does this problem still exist if it is entered manually? Or can you provide a simple pbix file (without any sensitive information)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @rprible ,

I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, can you advise how you created the numberlist in the textbox in Desktop?
Does this problem still exist if it is entered manually? Or can you provide a simple pbix file (without any sensitive information)

Best Regards,

rprible
Frequent Visitor

This numbered list was simply created with a fresh text box. I created a border and a shadow just to replicate what I had in my previous report. I then started to manually number by typing "1. " which then defaulted to the numbered list.

I would be happy to send a file with my test. This is my first report on this community forum. Can you give me guidance on how to attach a file? I do not see that as an option?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @rprible ,

This is strange, I followed the information you provided but they work fine on the PBI service.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

rprible
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft , I worked with Microsoft and it was confirmed that this is a bug - and it was in at least the August release and going forward. In order to get around this, after it defaults to be a numeric list, you can press "Crtl + z" which undoes the auto-format and allows you to just show a manually created numeric list.

Hopefully, this will be corrected soon so that this works without the work around.

Ryan_OH

i am also experiencing this issue

rprible
Frequent Visitor

@Ryan_OH - I posted a work around above that hopefully will get you through this now until this bug is corrected.