Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Not working Chat in Teams

Hi, Team

Power BI Service version: 13.0.19679.83

Microsoft Teams Desktop app version: 1.5.00.33362 (64-bit)

I tried to do Chat in Teams menu, but I couldn’t get the report on the Teams app.

1. Click Chat in Teams on the report.

1.png

2. Share to Teams channel or chat.

2.png

3.png

3. Click the link on the Teams app.

4.png

4. We can see home page of the Power BI App. We couldn’t see the report on the Teams app.

5.png

Thanks,

Hong

Hi @hongju ,

Please check if you have met the limitations:

• The Chat in Teams button might not work if your browser uses strict privacy settings. 
  • Chat in Teams doesn't include a link preview.
  • Link previews and Chat in Teams don't give users permissions to view the item. Permissions must be managed separately.
  • The Chat in Teams button isn't available in visual context menus when a report author sets More options to Off for the visual.
  • For other issues, see the Known issues and limitations section of the "Collaborate in Microsoft Teams" article.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @hongju ,

Please check if you have met the limitations:

• The Chat in Teams button might not work if your browser uses strict privacy settings. 
  • Chat in Teams doesn't include a link preview.
  • Link previews and Chat in Teams don't give users permissions to view the item. Permissions must be managed separately.
  • The Chat in Teams button isn't available in visual context menus when a report author sets More options to Off for the visual.
  • For other issues, see the Known issues and limitations section of the "Collaborate in Microsoft Teams" article.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Gerrit_in_RFC
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am representing a large organisation (10.000+ employees) and we are experiencing the same issue. Even if the user has access to the report, it still opens the default PBI landing page in teams. Can you pick this up, as it was working before.

Kind regards,

Gerrit

hongju
Advocate I

Hi, @v-xiaoyan-msft 

The 'Chat in Teams' button is working.

I had the permission to view the report. 

When I click the link in Teams, I can't see the report . It still opens the home page of app.

Thanks,

Hong