Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not able to login into Power BI desktop App

I am not able to login in to power BI Desktop app after Nov 2020 update installed but i can able to sign in into Oct 2020  setup file afte installed

Please help

Comments
mlotok
Regular Visitor

I guess I have the same problem.
Here's the message I'm getting right after typing my e-mail:

mlotok_0-1605419021852.png

Any ideas?

mlotok
Regular Visitor

Guess I found the soultion - you need to disable "Enable certificate revocation check" in Power BI desktop options.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as I installed the Nov 2020 update I coudn't log in and was gettign this message:

thailer7_0-1605450989962.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved. Power BI Team already published solution:

thailer7_0-1605452957608.png

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Amardeep100115 

As above comments, this is a known issue and power bi support team had provided a solution.

Please try it:

Power BI customers using the SU11(Nov 20) release of the Power BI desktop client and attempting to sign-in or publish to service may see the messages, “Sorry, we encountered an error while trying to sign you in. Details: An error occurred while sending the request” or “The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.” This is due to the enforcement of SSL certificates as part of the release . Customers are recommended to upgrade their SSL certificates or disable "Enable certificate revocation check" from File > Options and settings > Options > Security > “Enable certificate revocation check”.

Regards,

Lin

Amardeep100115
Post Prodigy

I Can login now 

Thanks 

Gustavo_Fig
Regular Visitor

Dear all.

From my side, I used 2 different working accounts. My PC is registered with my personal account and when I try to open PBI Desktop and sign in with my service account, I selected my service account, but I don't fill out my password, and then my service account failed to sign in and returned to my personal account without any message.