Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not Able to Pin Visuals to Dashboard

Starting today I have been unable to pin most Power BI visualizations to any dashboards. This includes KPI cards, graphs, etc. but not data cards.

The pin button is available at the top right of each visualization, but when I click it, there is no preview on the left hand side to show what the pinned visual will look like. Then when I click the yellow "Pin" button, nothing happens (i.e. window does not close & no confirmation that the visual has been added with link to go to dashboard).

This issue occurs for all my workspaces including "My Workspace". Is there any reason for this?

I have tried deleting and republishing the report and dataset, as well as logging out of my Power BI account.

PowerBI_PinIssue.png

Preview missing on left hand side

Hi @reyesjon 

It's a known issue . The ID is 346379883 . 

Tested workaround : in power bi service edit mode untoggle title and retoggle title and save the report then we can pin the tile to dashboard .

The problem is being fixed, I will come back and update if there is any progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @reyesjon 

I tested it in my Service , I can pin KPI visual to dashboard without any errors . It is not a known issue , you can sign out your account and clear your broswer cache , restart your broswer and try again .

Recording 2022-10-28 at 16.07.48.gif

Best Regards,

reyesjon
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I have tried logging out of my account and clearing my browser cache, but am still experiencing this issue. The issue appears in both Chrome and Edge browsers.

tloewen98
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issues in my environment. 

dontcallmedeb
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue, and it isn't consistent for why it happens on some visuals and not other.  

I can see the "Pin" option, but I try to click it and it does nothing. I even tried re-creating the visuals to a new page in the report. It works initially, but then I re-build the whole page with filters, formatting, etc.. publish it, and now I cannot pin the visual.

Then I thought maybe it was because the header (where the pin icon) displays overlaps the header... so i tweaked the visual so they didn't overlap.  Thought it fixed the issue... 

I have a series of guage visuals each filtering a different category, but the rest of the filters for all guages are the same. I can pin the first guage in the series, but not the others.   I cannot figure why this is happening, or how to fix it.  Pin Icon doesn't do anything for all visualsPin Icon doesn't do anything for all visuals

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @reyesjon 

Do you currently have visuals that can pin to dashboard? If you pin the visual to a new dashboard , can it be successfully ?

Best Regards,

LucasVFRibeiro
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue here, but in firefox, the pin only desapears after being clicked at

Leksenderi

Also having the same issue, both with Edge browser and Brave browser

OTJT_analyst
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.  For me it seems to be regulated to the KPI visualization.

skerescrow
Regular Visitor

I have same problem with pin works for 1 Card, but then nothing happens when i click on the pin for any other cards or visuals...

LucasVFRibeiro
Regular Visitor

Resolved removing the visual's tittle