Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New/existing Measures: Format could not be changed to 'Text'

Dear Power BI community,

unfortunatelly I'm not able to change my measure formats to 'Text' in multible semantic models. This issue occurs for new and existing explicit measures in Power BI Desktop and Tabular Editor 2. Without this functionality I'm not able to apply conditional formating logic or use SVG DAX measures.

Power BI Desktop (MS Store) - Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (Februar 2024)

If I try to change measure format to 'Text' in Power BI Desktop it falls back to default format 'General'.

Proofinity_1-1709832294254.gif

Tabular Editor 2 - Version: 2.22.0

Format 'Text' is not available via dropdown menu in section Basic/Format String/Format.

Proofinity_0-1709832142031.png

Is this a bug?

Thanks for helping

Greetings Christian

Hi @Proofinity ,

I can't reproduce your problem, I created a measure="This is text", as per your sample.
Format is still the text option and it works fine for me.
I see you mentioned that you are using the MS store version, would downloading the latest version from the official download link solve your problem?

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Proofinity ,

I can't reproduce your problem, I created a measure="This is text", as per your sample.
Format is still the text option and it works fine for me.
I see you mentioned that you are using the MS store version, would downloading the latest version from the official download link solve your problem?

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Proofinity
Regular Visitor

Hi Community Support Team,

Thanks for you quick response. I've deinstalled my MS Store version and installed the version from Official Microsoft Download Center. Both versions seems to have same version numbers: 2.126.1261.0

Unfortunatelly the experience is still the same, format change not possible. Also checked the posibility in model view in Power BI Desktop.

What else could I try? 🤔