Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Menu showing Count Distinct count etc has disappeared

This is from a previous version of Power Bi (first visual)....but in the April version this menu has changed for some reason and First, Last, Count, Distinct, etc...are all gone.  What the heck??

texmexdragon2_0-1684959818832.png     

texmexdragon2_1-1684959937248.png

Hi @texmexdragon2 ,

I am not able to reproduce your problem, please check my test result below:

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1684991743873.png

My test version:2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @texmexdragon2 ,

I am not able to reproduce your problem, please check my test result below:

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1684991743873.png

My test version:2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

texmexdragon2
Helper V

@v-xiaoyan-msft     I have updated to May and I have the same issue.   

I should note that this issue seems to a particular pbix file that is a dataset file, however, all of the other reports that connect to this dataset have the same issue.   Here is another example, you can see below that these numeric values are missing all of the other options (sum, average, minimum, maximum, etc). 

It seems to be some strange corruption issue where that section of the menu has just completely disappeared and it effects the pbix file used as the dataset as well as any report files that are connecting to it.   I have many other such datasets/reports with the same set up, using the same dataflows, and none of them have this issue.   Luckily, I save backups about every two weeks, and my prior backup does not have this issue so I will have recreate any updates I made recently and make my backup file my primary file now.    But yes, I doubt very seriously it can be recreated as it seems like a very unique bug.  

texmexdragon2_0-1685019331530.png

This is what the menu fields should be showing - from a different file: 

texmexdragon2_1-1685019473081.png