Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Members of classic workspace suddenly cannot access reports

Hello, 

I have a report that has 4 admin and about 15 members. Up until yesterday everyone that had access to the workspace as a member and access on the dataset that reports used could view and interact. There is no row level security set on this report but users are seeing a photo saying "The Visual Contains Restricted Data". 

Was there a change now that users must have a free power bi licnese associated to them in AAD to see the reports? What changed? For months if I gave them access they could use the reports but overnight they cannot. 

Thank you!

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Dribblej 

You may check the Licensing section.

Dribblej
Frequent Visitor

This issue was resolved. Im posting in the event it helps another user someday. 

Row Level Security was selected on the power bi service, then deleted. There was a test role active even though no users were assigned to it. As soon as someone that has the ability to make a workspace RLS enabled it is active on the workspace. To resolve this on a report that should not have RLS I pulled it into Bi Desktop, deactivated the 1 unassigned role of RLS and re published.