Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matrix row height resizing unnecessarily

For some unknown reason, the row height on some of my matrices (matrix) keeps increasing to double what it should be.  I've checked all variables, and there's no need for the text to wrap.  When I click on any part of the matrix, it reformats back to the correct row height (which should be 1 row).  It seems to be reformatting as wrap text when I first log into service, although there is no reason for it to wrap text because there is plenty of space.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @jtDallas 

When did the issue happen ? Did you also update the latest version of Desktop to cause this problem? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
RWehr2306
Frequent Visitor

I got a similar issues, but mine is whenever I add 20+ columns in my table visual, the 21st column will not auto resize rows.   when I only have 20 columns it is working fine. 

Only 20 columns : autoresize is working. 

RWehr2306_0-1673636172601.png

21 columns, autoresize is not working:

RWehr2306_1-1673636225893.png

jtDallas
Regular Visitor

Just to be clear, my issue is with Row Height resizing.  I believe your issue is Column Width resizing which probably is an unrelated but still valid issue.

RWehr2306
Frequent Visitor

My issue is also Row Height resizing... I added a video of it so that they can easily see it..  It is kinda very important to me to because we are using power bi for our weekly reporting and they will need to see it on Tuesday.  It was working fine before but suddenly it change... I've just updated my power bi desktop yesterday I am not sure if that is the reason I am having the problems now. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @jtDallas 

When did the issue happen ? Did you also update the latest version of Desktop to cause this problem? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

jtDallas
Regular Visitor

Yes.

jtDallas
Regular Visitor

To add more clarity, screenshot 1 below is what is rendered in power bi service and power bi desktop when first opening the report (the row heights randomly increase for some or all rows).  Screenshot 2 below shows what it looks like when I sort the same table shown in screenshot 1 by group (how the row heights should look when it first renders):

jtDallas_2-1674056683950.png

jtDallas_3-1674056810996.png

And note, there are no nested fields for rows or columns to drill down into.

Any thoughts on why this is occurring?

jtDallas
Regular Visitor

Do I need to post this somewhere else?  Sorry, I'm relatively new here.  Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Waataja

I've noticed the same problem, 20 columns seem to be the magic number.

barbara_conti

Hi to everyone.

I have the exact same problem: despite row padding is set to 0, when I open the report rows show padding. Then after clicking anywhere on the report, it sets to its correct size. Still,  when exporting the report to .pptx file it prints all wrong and truncates matrix. I've already updated to the last available version of pbi, but still going wrong. I need this to be fixed as it seems to be a bug.

misharaina
Advocate I

I am noticing the same problem. This is a major issue now.